Miriam is a highly qualified teacher with international experience and a passion for global education. Her career has been dedicated to teaching languages and making learning accessible and enjoyable for all her students. She will do the same for you!
About her background:
- Miriam is a native English speaker but also speaks French, German and Mandarin Chinese
- She has experience teaching English and Business English in schools, universities and companies
- She coaches students in preparation for studying or working abroad
- She uses her background in linguistics and phonetics to teach pronunciation classes
- She works with businesses to analyse the employees´ language needs and design in-company classes
- Her students have successfully passed CAE, FCE, IELTS, TOEC and TOEFL examinations.
- She is certified by the University of Cambridge in CELTA (Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults)
- She has a Bachelor degree in Modern Languages (French and German) from University of Liverpool. She specialised in Sociolinguistics and Translation
- She participated in the British Council Comenius programme in Chambery, France. She taught English in a local school and carried out research on the teaching of literature and history in the city
- She was selected by UKIERI (UK and India Education and Research Initiative) to teach French and English in India. She also worked with New Delhi University students to strengthen educational links between the two countries
- She has worked as an ambassador for Routes into Languages, giving language workshops and careers guidance to students in the UK
- She has worked in educational institutions in China, France, Malta and Spain and has taught on a voluntary basis in Kosovo, Romania and Northern Ireland
About her personal interests:
While Miriam isn’t teaching, she is learning. She is currently studying Spanish, taking an online course in Business English with Trinity College London and training for a marathon.